RIDA Group is headquartered in Khartoum, Sudan, is a mining-based group with business operations in Sudan and several other countries in the Africa continent. The group aspires to be one of the top 5 mining corporations in Africa. To ensure the realization of its vision and mission, the Company has adopted develop and manage a diversified portfolio as one of its strategic goals. In line with this goal, the Company has embarked on an aggressive drive to develop new profitable business activities and business entities locally and overseas, both in mining and mining-related industries as well as other industries.
The Performance & Rewards Executive is accountable for supporting Group Human Resources Manager in the development and execution of performance management philosophies and strategies, frameworks and policies to drive optimal organizational behavior within the context of RIDA Group’s Total Rewards philosophy. Primary responsibilities include managing the annual performance management process from goal setting through to goal evaluation and linkage to compensation outcomes, as well as compensation support including developing and managing pay structures, job families and job titles, job evaluation activity, managing salary survey, succession planning and benchmarking processes for the business; and managing related systems and reporting requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management / Business Administration or a related discipline
- At least 3 years’ of compensation related experience
- Knowledge of performance management and competency frameworks, design principles and application through the HR lifecycle is preferred
- Experience working with market-based pay structures and participating in salary surveys
- Well versed with common HR practices and sound knowledge of Sudan labor Act 1997
- Flexibility and pragmatism and the ability to deal with Ambiguity.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to lead continuous organizational change and development
- Ability to operate and communicate well with all levels of stakeholders
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Strong project management and written communication skills
TYPICAL DUTIES OF A PERFORMANCE & REWARDS EXECUTIVE
Manage the annual performance management cycle, systems administration, enhancement and improvement, and for managing communications material
Act as the lead contact for all PM activities and administration related to RIDA Group annual performance management framework, system and processes
Develop PM tools and materials to support line management to deliver their performance management responsibilities, coaching and supporting line managers
Manage organizational competency frameworks, updating as required, supporting departments as required to ensure competencies are mapped to roles
Generate reports and analytics; review and analyze performance data in collaboration with HRBP, identifying insights and trends etc., and ensuring a linkage between compensation outcomes and performance
Act as the subject matter expert for assigned Departments and provide guidance on complex compensation and performance matters, as well as working collaboratively with HR Business Partners and COO to deliver innovative solutions that meet business needs and help managers to understand our Reward philosophy
Manage salary survey and benchmarking activities, ensuring compensation practices and programs countries where RIDA Group is operating are competitive with the industry and conform to statutory requirements
Participate in annual salary review
Responsible for data analysis, prepare regular reports and provide insight on performance and compensation for management