RIDA Group is headquartered in Khartoum, Sudan, is a mining-based group with business operations in Sudan and several other countries in the Africa continent. The group aspires to be one of the top 5 mining corporations in Africa. To ensure the realization of its vision and mission, the Company has adopted develop and manage a diversified portfolio as one of its strategic goals. In line with this goal, the Company has embarked on an aggressive drive to develop new profitable business activities and business entities locally and overseas, both in mining and mining-related industries as well as other industries.
The Training & Development Executive is responsible for developing all relevant training programs and development plans, based on the assessment of development areas for the workforce to meet RIDA Group current and future business requirements. Training & Development Executive liaises with stakeholders to communicate and implement organization development and/or change interventions to ensure that the organization’s strategy and plans are delivered in an effective and efficient way. In addition, he/she is responsible for managing team operations and performance, and leverages Skills Frameworks in creating learning roadmaps and integrating with training & development programs. Training & Development Executive is passionate about building capabilities in others, and harnesses appropriate resources to do so. He/She is highly skilled at engaging and building relationships with others within, and beyond, his/her team, thereby promoting a collaborative and co-operative work environment.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Minimum 5 years of Training and development experience
- Strong, independent leadership skills to manage and drive solutions
- Good team building, interpersonal skills, coaching and people development skills
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Intelligent listening skills
- A team player with positive mental attitude, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- High level presentation, influencing & negotiation skills
- Training and Development: Construct Training and development programs to equip people with the right capabilities and prepare them well for the work they are assigned to perform.
- Culture Development: Design or change the way an organization is set up (structure, people, process, and system) to deliver its vision, mission, strategy and plans in an effective and efficient manner.
- Analytics and Insights: Deploy a range of data mining tools and analytical techniques to create management information, business insights, for areas of T & D responsibility
- Relationships and Communication: Manage relationships with people and communicate with impact and empathy so as to carry out the functional role of HR effectively.
- Integrate Skills and Competency Frameworks in the development of learning and cultural development programs
TYPICAL DUTIES OF A TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
- Work with plant line managers to assess the skills and knowledge within the plant and determine what training is needed to grow and retain these skills (skills gap analysis)
- Identify training and development needs within the plant through job analysis, appraisal and regular consultation with Supervisors, COO and the HRBP (training needs analysis)
- Design and expand training and development programs based on the needs of the plant and the individual
- Produce / develop training materials for in-house courses
- Work closely with HRBP in Facilitate training courses as well as on-the-job training in the plant
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with the HRBP & COO
- Manage the delivery of training and development programs for Management and senior leadership team
- Amend and revise programs as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the plant
- Assist Supervisors to solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups
- Updating of the training database and employee training files / records and matrices
- Prepare progress reports and any other reports as required by management and maintain employees’ training records
- Manage training programs to ensure they are delivering results
- Prepare training schedules, allocate instructors to different courses and monitor costs to keep programs within budget
- Remain up to date on current training and development trends via networking, matrix communication and multimedia access.
- Plan and support competence development in the Group; work closely with Performance & Rewards team on succession planning specifically the identified key positions, to secure a diverse, competent team that can execute their assigned responsibilities with confidence and secure future succession